While traveling is not as simple as it was before your diabetes diagnosis, this should not discourage you from doing so. Everyone could use a break now and then, and traveling is one of the best ways to do it, don’t you agree? If you’re worried about your diabetes care plan though, allow us at Prescription Center Pharmacy, your trusted retail pharmacy in Union City, New Jersey, to help you!
Considering how delayed meals, eating foreign foods, being more active than normal, and being in a different time zone can all disturb your diabetes management, the most important thing to remember is to prepare ahead.
That said, you must visit your doctor before your trip so that you may ask the following:
- How your planned activities could affect your diabetes and what to do about it.
- How to adjust your insulin doses if you’re traveling to places in a different time zone.
- To provide prescriptions for your medicines in case you lose or run out of them.
- If you’ll need any vaccines.
- Write a letter stating that you have diabetes and why you need your medical supplies.
Once you have been cleared by your physician, don’t forget to stock up on essentials for managing your diabetes. You certainly wouldn’t want to run out of your prescriptions or supplies and not know where to get more if that happened. Should you be running low on any, rest assured that our pharmacy will have what you need!